For the past month, I have been on the MUA Nail Board. I love it and I love the wealth of information they have. It's hard to find stuff on the internet, but I like how everything is there. I also have found other blogs to read too.
The ladies on the Nail Board are awesome. Here's what I have learned:
1) Seche Vite (or Poshe) Fast Dry Top Coat - I currently have a small bottle of Seche Vite and I love it. It dries my nail polish in less than 5 min and it is dry to touch in less than 30. It's better than Orly Sec N' Dry.
2) Nail Polish Thinner - I did not know these things existed. I always thought nail polish remover helps thin nail it, but I was wrong. I have yet to purchase thinner, but I learned thinner is thinner. You can use the one from Sally's and it will work fine.
3) Creative Nail Design Solar Oil - I love this stuff! It makes my cuticles very soft! It's just an expensive cuticle oil that you put on your cuticles and rub it in. It's basically glorified mixture of almond, jojoba and a variety of other oils. I am pretty sure I can concoct something together, but I love this stuff. And it smells good too! I don't think this really strengthens and increases the growth of my nails. I think the massaging encourages circulation, hence healthier nails.
4) Glass nail files are your friend. I purchased one from Sephora, and I am in love! Glass files are much more gentler on the nails. Ever since purchasing one, I haven't had a nail clipper come close to them. My nails haven't even split at the sides nor have I had any snags (I am very prone to snags).
5) File nails with nail polish on. I have funky shaped nails and their shape makes filing hard. To remedy this problem, I'll file with my nail polish on because it acts as a guide.
6) Buffing - I own several buffers. I didn't know that there is a correct way to buff nor did I know that it's possible to over buff. So, I have decided to put away the buffers and use the buffer to when i need to.
7) Do not cut or file nails after they are wet. I know they are soft, but they are weak. This makes them prone to breakage.
8) The difference between non-acetone and acetone removers. - Acetone is drying, but it a lot better to use to take off nail polishes. It's best to use on dark colors or glitters. Non-acetone removers are not as drying, but make it harder to remove polish.
9) Vinegar - A much gentler alternative to alcohol. It is used to remove the extra oils from the nail bed prior to laying down the basecoat.
10) It's better to apply layers in a thinly, rather than thickly. This helps to prevent bubbling and polish will dry faster.
I think thats all for now. I'll probably add more later.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment