Friday, October 10, 2008

Product Review : CND Solar Oil





Price: 3/5
Packaging: 4/5
Overall: 4/5
Repurchase: Maybe


CND stands for Creative Nail Design. CND Solar Oil is a cuticle oil that is brushed onto their cuticles and massages it in. Pretty Basic huh?

What the box says:

Solar Oil is a synergistic blend of naturally light oils and Vitamin E, designed to deeply penetrate and protect nails and skin.

Directions: Apply daily to top and underside of nail and massage into surrounding skin.

Warning: Discontinue use immediately if irritation develps.

Ingredients: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinesis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.



Originally, I bought this just to sample it and I hate to say it, but I really love it. It makes my cuticles soft and haven't really gotten any new hangnails since I started to use it. I love how it smells like almonds. It makes me want to put this on constantly. I also broke down and decided to get the 15 ml bottle (.5oz). It retails for $11, but I got it for $7.50 when Ulta had a $3.50 for $10+ purchase. Hehe. The .25 oz retails for $7. Now you see why I gave this such a low score in the price category. It can be found online for cheaper, but I shipping costs offset how cheap it is.


Here's my little army of Solar Oil. I got the small ones from Trade Secret.

I use this after I shower/before bed and in the morning (when I remember). This is a good product for the upcoming winter months since it will most likely be spent indoors with the heater on. The only thing I don't like is it can take a few minutes to sink in and that I have a fear that I will spill it.

There really isn't much more to say. It's glorified oil that you put it on, rub it in, and go on your happy way. I don't think it's a necessity to have. Based on the ingredients, I am sure you can use jojoba oil, almond oil or even olive oil. I just got it because it smells nice. LOL. Will I repurchase? Probably not because by the time I finish off the bottles, I think I would have my own concoction of cuticle oil.

No comments: