Monday, November 10, 2008

Tutorial: Watermark Tutorial

Here's another watermark tutorial. I based it on this tutorial. I like to do these even though they are very tedious to do. I also hate picture stealers (I have not had any of that), but I know this will helpful for others. Enjoy!

*Side Note* Click on the pictures to make them bigger

The program Paint.Net is necessary for the following tutorial. Download it here and install.

Step 1:

- Open desired picture in Paint.net.

Step 2:

- Click on rectangle select button.

- Select area of image that you want to keep

- Shift + Ctrl + x to cut off the excess edges.

Step 3:

- Click Layers -- Add New Layer

- Select Layer 2 in Layers box

- Click text button, select desired font, font size, color and placement of the text

Step 4:

- Make sure Layer 2 is slected. Click on Effects -- Stylize -- Emboss

- Click ok, and you get this:

Step 5:

- Select Layers -- Layer Properties

- Change Mode from Normal to Overlay; Change Opacity from 255 to 165 (or to your liking)

- And it should like this:

Step 6:

- Save your file. Go to File -- Save As

- Change file name, Save type as JPEG

- Click OK

- Flatten

Step 7:

- This is what the final product should look like:

Step 8: (Optional, Resize picture)

- Select Image -- Resize


- Resize to your liking

- Save. Now you are done!

Final Product:

Hope that helps!

No comments: