Friday, October 31, 2008

NOTD: Zoya Casey




PRICE: 3/5 $6 @ Zoya.com
PACKAGING: 5/5
OVERALL: 9.5
REPURCHASE: Yes!

COLOR
Casey is a beautiful dark purple, almost black cream nail polish. Indoors, it looks like a dark purple, and outdoors in the sun it still looks like a dark purple. However, you can see the plum undertones in the sunlight. Casey is true to the bottle. One coat gives a sheer purple-plum color.. With two coats, you get the color of the bottle.

APPLICATION/TEXTURE
Casey is very easy to apply. I do not use the Zoya ColorLock Sysem. Over Poshe's Super-Fast Drying Basecoat, Casey applies smoothly and is thin. However, this polish is meant to be applied using 2 coats. The first coat applies somewhat opaque and somewhat streaky. Applying a second coat will cover all of that up and give the same color of the bottle. Casey dries quickly without the use of a fast dry top coat. I like to use it with Poshe's Super-Fast Dry Topcoat, and it dries within minutes.
On the brush, Casey looks thicky and gloopy, but it isn't. I think it's the nature of the polish. When I apply it, I wipe off one side of the brush. The amount on the brush is enough to cover my nails.

WEAR
Manicure: I've worn this on my tips for a week and there were no major chips, just tipwear. I used Poshe Basecoat and Topcoat.
Pedicure: Using Poshe Basecoat and Topcoat, I wore this for 2 weeks without chipping. There was some wear, but nothing major.

OVERALL
This is a great nail polish, especially if you are interested in vampire colors. I will repurchase once I finish my bottle (that will take awhile!). I can see why this is such a popular color from Zoya.

No comments: