Friday, February 8, 2008

Shortness

I found this on Pursebuzz.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/tlg/563125425.html




I'm an inch short! grrr. I should have listened to my mom and drank my milk. That could have at least given me an inch or two more.

Since I am on the topic of short.... I need to vent about what I found in my tennis forum. I think the thread was called "The Short Persons Club." I thought, "Cool! A Thread for short people!" I clicked on the link, and the OP says that anyone under 6'0" can join. SIX FEET!!! What the FUCK are they complaining about being short. Six feet is tall. Heck my prom date in high school was 6'1 and I had to stand on a box, with three in heels so we could take pictures. I know there are others who are shorter, but c'mon if you're gonna say short at least gimme 5'5". I know thats short for tennis, but everyone on there was averaging 5'7". ARG.

As much as it sucks to have to use a stool or some type of assistance, I do not mind being 5'1. It does have its perks. I love how I can sit crosslegged on the airplane. More legroom for me! hehe. Also, at Pacific, the biology lecture hall had these tiny, desks and cramped chairs but I could sit comfortably in them. My tall gangly 6'0 friend, however, sat hunched over. I don't fall as hard compared to someone taller. lol. So hey, its not that bad being short.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha sometimes I wish I was short (I am 5'6"), I am not TOO tall, but surprisingly a lot of guys are shorter than me or same height, and when it comes to other gals (esp. Asian), I am pretty tall! I feel like a giant wearing heels or wedges, so those are the times I wish I was a nice 5'3". :)

Anonymous said...

lol. I wish I was 5'4", but that would make me as tall as the bf!