I have lost interest in makeup, well not totally. I am excited to see MAC's Starflash collection. Anyways, I have recently gotten into taking care of my nails. =)
I used Orly Beverly Hills Manicure: Natural Look Nail Kit. This kit is a good starter kit for those getting into getting their nails done. The instructions tell you to put Bonder, then a layer of Beverly Hills Plum, Sheer White Tips on the tips, a layer of Beverly Hills Plum and In A Snap Topcoat. I tried that method, but I didn't like how it turned out. The tips were too sheer and too pink. I wanted the white to be brighter and darker.
This is the process I used. I let each step dry (~15-20 min) before I proceed.
1) Apply Bonder Basecoat. This dries in 2-3 minutes.
2) Apply a thin layer of Beverly Hills Plum
3) Apply a second layer of Beverly Hills Plum
4) Apply a very thin layer of Sheer White Tips in vertical strokes, starting from the middle and work you way out.
5) Apply a 2nd layer of Sheer White Tips
6) Apply In A Snap Topcoat
7) Apply 2nd coat of In A Snap Topcoat.
This whole process takes about 2 hours, and that didn't include prepping the nail. I know its hard to find 2 hours of absolutely nothing to do, but the results do pay off. While letting it dry, I carefully surfed the internet and watched tv. hehe.
From the picture above, my nails look natural and very shiny, like I just put on clear nail polish (except on the tips.) It's hard to see the plum/grapefruit tint, but it's there.
This is my third time doing my nails within a week. Bad, I know, but I had to. I first bought two orly colors Sheer Peche and Softest White as my French Manicure colors. That was a nice combo, but I didn't like how it took awhile to dry (I think it's my Maybelline Base/Top Coat). Then I attempted using the method given in the kit, but I hated it and painted over the nails again and that didn't dry. So I tried once again and I liked the results!
I wish I had pictures of when I first tried to do this freehand. It came out UGLY! But don't worry with practice it will get better. I also found it easier to do my nails on the floor and rest my hand on my knee while I do it. So I guess it's all about trying to find a method that works.
No comments:
Post a Comment